Bredene Koksijde Classic 2023 preview is the third consecutive one this week involving he Velogames Superclasico Fantasy sixes. As we have witnessed in the last days, nothing is assured and the scenario of the race could change at any moment follwing rain and crashes.
Bredene koksijde classic 2022
Results powered by FirstCycling.com
Last year’s race ended up in a sprint finish with Pascal Ackermann sprinting to first infront of Hugo Hoffstetter and Tim Merlier.
Bredene koksijde classic 2023 preview
The race is expected to split up mid way with the stronger guys trying to get away on the climbs. However the remaining half of the day provides the terrain to play catch up. But 3 sectors of cobbles and wind will make things not so straight forward, as just like the past 2 days, the balance to swing between the remnants of the peloton and the front guys could swing by nothing.
Bredene koksijde classic 2023 veloagames preview
With a sprint being the most likely scenario, fast strong men should be making up your team but like we witnessed at Grand de Denain, it will be all about strength as those wanting a sprint will also need men to bring them back and Team UAE definitely looks the strongest by far.
- Tim Merlier Soudal – Quick Step 24 Was mightily strong in Danilith Nokere while being quite isolated. Form on the cobbles and sprint finish is good. He should be in the finale.
- Pascal Ackermann UAE Team Emirates 18 His attitude suggest that he is not comfortable with his sprints, he might try things from far out.
- Hugo Hofstetter Team Arkéa Samsic 18 Was unlucky with his handle bars on Thursday. He should be challenging this time.
- Gerben Thijssen Intermarché – Circus – Wanty 18 Fast man who missed the finish at GP De Denain due to a crash should be challenging as well.
- Edward Theuns Trek – Segafredo 16 He definitely was resting at Denain, will be back among the challengers here.
- Dries Van Gestel TotalEnergies 14 The best option for his team, should be trying to be part of the strong group at the front this time.
- Daniel McLay Team Arkéa Samsic 14 is definitely not on sprinting form. Will be working for Hofstetter and Dekker.
- Baptiste Planckaert Intermarché – Circus – Wanty 14 The option at Intermarche never ends and he is good on this type of terrain.
- Sam Welsford Team DSM 14 Team DSM will be working very hard to bring this man to a sprint finish where only Merlier can deny him
- Victor Campenaerts Lotto Dstny 14 He looks very fiesty until he crashes with no designated sprinters, something say that this time it will work for Campenaerts.
- Florian Vermeersch Lotto Dstny 14 If not Campenaerts, he will be upfront breaking havoc.
- Juan Sebastián Molano UAE Team Emirates 12 He may have use up some energy that he will miss in the finale this time, but he has a very strong team to support him.
David DekkerTeam Arkéa Samsic 12 will be sprinting if he holds u
- Itamar Einhorn Israel – Premier Tech 12 4th at Milan Torino, he should be feeling very confident about his sprint.
- Edvald Boasson Hagen TotalEnergies 12 Not as fast as he used to be, he definitely looks powerful onclimbs and cobbles and could repeat his trick of Denain while hoping for a better outcome this time.
- Timothy Dupont Tarteletto – Isorex 10 A expert cobble rider that we have not seen much of lately
- Bert Van Lerberghe Soudal – Quick Step 10 He is bound to stick to Merlier and bring him to the sprint
- Kristoffer Halvorsen Uno-X Pro Cycling Team 10 UNO-X best option in the absence of Kristoff and Tiller.
- Emīls Liepiņš Trek – Segafredo 8 Will be working for Theuns
- Mathias Vacek Trek – Segafredo 8 He is looking very strong and was looking to be part of the peloton until he crashed in the last cobbled sector at Denain.
- Brent Van Moer Lotto Dstny 8 If he is allowed in the morning brek, he will be a hard man to catch.
- Sjoerd Bax UAE Team Emirates 6 He might be allow to try his luck as Molano and Bjerg will be recovering from their effort from the day before.
- Madis Mihkels Intermarché – Circus – Wanty 6 He will most likely be leading Thijssen out if he makes it to the finale.
- Boy Van Poppel Intermarché – Circus – Wanty 6 This is his type of terrain, he has the experience to sneak out to the front. Whether he can find the force and cooperation to stay there is another story.
This is a very short preview as a mighty preview for the Spring Classics is currently cooking. Stay tuned!